Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vic Gundotra is leaving Google

Re/Code is reporting that Vic Gundotra, yes the Vic Gundotra is leaving Google. Vic has been in charge of Google+ for the last few years and has transformed Google into a social beast. The 'social backbone' of Google has been ramping up for the past few years and has become a remarkable tool for interaction, whether you use it to communicate with the public, hangout with family and friends or just need a place to backup photos and make them awesome. Vic was always dropping fun tidbits about upcoming releases or at least saying how excited he was to unveil some new feature. He has been the face of Google at many of their recent presentations and events and I know I will find it strange not seeing him on stage at I/O this year. I hope that the rest of the Google+ team who will be reportedly be working under David Bresbis will have the same passion and exuberance Vic displayed. I hope the team can replace their champion and further develop what I consider to be a great product. Wherever Vic goes in the future will have an extremely valuable asset.

UPDATE: Vic has posted a heartwarming sendoff on Google+, I can't wait to hear the next 'and then'

No comments:

Post a Comment